Designing your web-based lesson (2)
I. Start adding content from your lesson plan to your blog.
Most of you have already planned your blog-based lesson. some of you have even received comments on your plans from your e-peers. Now it is time to start adding content to your blog-based lesson site. To do so you can:
1. Create a first post describing a bit your blog site.
2. Create a second post with the content you planned for your blog-based lesson.
Here are some video tutorials on how to use the dashboard, add links, images and videos to your posts.
(Here’s more an interesting post on formatting in blogs)
II. Add the link to your blog in our Yahoo group.
To share what you have done in your blogs, please:
1. Go to our Yahoo group and go to Links.
2. Click Blog-based lessons and add your blog link there.
III. Visit one of your e-peers’ blog sites and write what you think about it in My e-peer’s blog-based lesson site:
While browsing his/her blog think about this:
- Does it clearly show the different stages of a web-based lesson (Pre-task / Task / Post-task)?
- Is it easy to navigate in the blog?
- What do you think about the content?
- Any other comment?
IV. Get ready for your e-portfolio portal
You are going to create a blog that will serve as the portal for your students’ e-portfolio. The only thing you have to do is:
1. Create a blog in Blogger.
2. Give a name to your portal like My 6th graders e-portfolio or something.
To do so, go to the dashboard and click on “Create a blog”
3. Read about e-portfolios in the Resources section in Week 4.
Note: We will continue working on e-portfolios next week (Week 5).
If you have any technical problems you can write your doubts in our forum. You can also Skype tutors or contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to clarify doubts about content, tasks or anything related to the session you can contact your tutors in Skype in the following office hours:
Skype Office hours (Venezuelan time / UTC/GMT -4:30 hours ):
Tuesdays: UTC/GMT 13:30-16:30 (Caracas: 9:am – 12:00)
Thursdays: UTC/GMT 19:00-21:00 (Caracas: 2:30 – 4:30pm)
Tuesdays: UTC/GMT 19:00-19:30 (Caracas: 2:30 – 3:00pm)
Wednesday: UTC/GMT 12:00- 12:30 (Caracas: 7:30 – 8:00am)
Mondays: UTC/GMT 18:00- 18:30 (Caracas: 1:00-1:30pm)
Fridays: UTC/GMT 18:00- 18:30 (Caracas: 1:00-1:30pm)
No chat session for this week
Make sure at the end of the week you have:
- Start designing your blog-based lesson following our lesson plan.
- Add your blog link to the Yahoo group session.
- Write a post about one of your e-peers blog-based lessons
- Create a blog for your e-portfolio portal
- Read what e-portfolios are in the Resources section for Week 4.
To write comments or insights about this first week go to: Weekly comments/Insights